Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: cjogo on January 18, 2014, 07:42:19 pm
-
One of those "clandestine" portraits I used to capture on my trips .. Used this method for many years - street shooting through out my journeys.
I shot with a Rollei SL66/tripod and a waist-level finder --150mm -- because the focusing knob protruded well-off the body --looked like a lens :-)
You never looked at your subject directly --always off in the exact opposite. You turn the lens towards the subject , of course. BUT you look ahead > far off -- whilst your camera /lens is sideways = pointed left or right of your body position , on the the tripod ....cable release ready and fire -- usually about 1/15 shutter.
-
River Man Ray
-
I still own the Spiratone Circo-Mirrotach I bought in 1972 while living in Venice, CA. Never got a single good shot out of it. Asking "can I take your picture" is usually taken as a compliment, though decidedly not always.
http://www.thecuckoofarm.com/cuckoo/photo/lens/lensacc/spircirco/spircirco.php
-
I still own the Spiratone Circo-Mirrotach I bought in 1972 while living in Venice, CA. Never got a single good shot out of it. Asking "can I take your picture" is usually taken as a compliment, though decidedly not always.
http://www.thecuckoofarm.com/cuckoo/photo/lens/lensacc/spircirco/spircirco.php
I remember those "mirror in a tube" things :-) -- My way is at least very sharp :-) And looking down into the camera ~ is not a dead give away --like a SLR ...
When I don't know the language -- and its not culturally "protocol" to speak to someone >> without being formally introduced ...in most the West/Center/East Europe I have traveled -- I have to rely on my "system" ;-)