Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: cjogo on January 18, 2014, 01:56:04 am

Title: Hawaii Gazebo
Post by: cjogo on January 18, 2014, 01:56:04 am
Little fog --- 1000 ASA film
Title: Re: Hawaii Gazebo
Post by: wolfnowl on January 18, 2014, 02:10:23 am
Love the shapes!

Mike.
Title: Re: Hawaii Gazebo
Post by: cjogo on January 18, 2014, 02:33:08 am
I was on assignment --- working on Lani --had a morning off...   What a break through --- 1000 asa film ~!! ;-)
Title: Re: Hawaii Gazebo
Post by: Rob C on January 18, 2014, 03:51:29 am
You should have listened to Russ!

Of course, I have no idea what crimes were being committed at the lower edge...

;-)

Rob C
Title: Re: Hawaii Gazebo
Post by: WalterEG on January 18, 2014, 06:17:05 am
What a break through --- 1000 asa film ~!! ;-)

Cjogo,

Might that have been the wondrous Agfapan 100 film?  I used to love it in Rodinal 1+100.  Grain to die for!

Title: Re: Hawaii Gazebo
Post by: cjogo on January 18, 2014, 02:09:16 pm
Cjogo,

Might that have been the wondrous Agfapan 100 film?  I used to love it in Rodinal 1+100.  Grain to die for!



That was one of my standards ---I shot mainly ASA 25 to 100 .

  This was Neopan 1600 that I shot at 1000
Title: Re: Hawaii Gazebo
Post by: Alan Klein on January 18, 2014, 04:12:03 pm
Interesting fog and shapes.  I think of color when Hawaii is mentioned.  This minimalism approach reminds me of Japan.  One thing.  The right space seems a little negative.  If you stepped over to the right a little to move the tree in the back over, the arrangement would be more balanced to my eyes.  Nice shot.  Can't wait to get to Hawaii.  My wife and I are going in May to cruise the islands.  I'll be forced to shoot digital as my Mamiya RB67 is too heavy to take.  Plus the missus will kill me if I'm fiddling with the equipment all the time!!
Title: Re: Hawaii Gazebo
Post by: cjogo on January 18, 2014, 07:16:08 pm
Interesting fog and shapes.  I think of color when Hawaii is mentioned.  This minimalism approach reminds me of Japan.  One thing.  The right space seems a little negative.  If you stepped over to the right a little to move the tree in the back over, the arrangement would be more balanced to my eyes.  Nice shot.  Can't wait to get to Hawaii.  My wife and I are going in May to cruise the islands.  I'll be forced to shoot digital as my Mamiya RB67 is too heavy to take.  Plus the missus will kill me if I'm fiddling with the equipment all the time!!

Been to Hawaii way too many times -- Color back in the 70's first trip.  Couldn't move on this one -- just to the right are bungalows and the left  > is tables /lounge chairs --with people.  Had to shoot very tight on this shot.