Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: churly on January 15, 2014, 06:51:50 pm

Title: Chimes
Post by: churly on January 15, 2014, 06:51:50 pm
.

(http://churly.zenfolio.com/img/s5/v125/p344091295-5.jpg)
Title: Re: Chimes
Post by: Justan on January 15, 2014, 07:35:46 pm
This is imaginative and nicely done. What would you do to take it to an additional level of abstraction?
Title: Re: Chimes
Post by: wolfnowl on January 15, 2014, 07:44:59 pm
Well seen!  And captured!!

Mike.
Title: Re: Chimes
Post by: Rob C on January 16, 2014, 04:35:20 am
Very interesting shot - that isn't always so easy to do, and achieving it with such simplicity is even more surprising. Less very often is more.

Rob C
Title: Re: Chimes
Post by: churly on January 16, 2014, 03:15:55 pm
Thanks all for the comments.

Justan - I've thought about your question but don't have an answer other than I don't understand the need for further abstraction.  I would appreciate hearing your thoughts.

Chuck
Title: Re: Chimes
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on January 16, 2014, 06:30:45 pm
After looking a couple of times at this shot I am thinking it might profit from a square aspect ratio crop - a candidate for the Hasselfunkyfake thread ....
Title: Re: Chimes
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 16, 2014, 07:19:24 pm
After looking a couple of times at this shot I am thinking it might profit from a square aspect ratio crop - a candidate for the Hasselfunkyfake thread ....
I think it would work well that way. It's a winner either way, IMHO.
Title: Re: Chimes
Post by: WalterEG on January 16, 2014, 07:31:05 pm
Exquisite in its luminosity and balance — leave well enough alone.  Don't risk over-cooking the pie.

W
Title: Re: Chimes
Post by: Rob C on January 17, 2014, 04:18:57 am
Exquisite in its luminosity and balance — leave well enough alone.  Don't risk over-cooking the pie.

W


Walter's right: you could, but probably shouldn't change a thing.

Rob C