Into the light (http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5482/11970009303_a6e559e247_c.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/feldhaim/11970009303/) Evasion (http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5509/11969637445_c61e527a82_c.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/feldhaim/11969637445/) Lady and shadow (http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5514/11969929343_788bb04fa0_c.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/feldhaim/11969929343/) Airport waiting and yellow (http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3668/11970475436_eb68910533_c.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/feldhaim/11970475436/) |
75 % miss rate - ouch! ;)
You should know better by now, Chris; 75% miss is excellent for anybody! I used to feel smug with one out of 36 being good.
A calendar out of 50 or 60 cassettes was good shooting in anyone's book. It's work, Chris, it's always work - only sometimes you can enjoy working.
Rob C
Err ... ehem .. yes ... but this was already a selection ... though definitely not a 1 out of 36, more like 30-50 %.
I mean - why press the shutter when throwing it away later?
Cheers
~Chris
75 % miss rate - ouch! ;)
I like #1 too, the running pair adds something. I would level the horizon, though, no sense in having it skewed.
Fixed!
Usually I'm quite meticulous concerning levelling but this one evaded me.
I like Lady and Shadow, a lot. I also like Ladies and Shadows on your Flickr and wonder why you chose not to post it.I like it too, but I didn't post it, because I thought of it being a variation of the single lady shot, just in plural, and I think the single lady shot is better.
That fountain in the background: 'twas in my Vogue shoot in Palma. By pure good fortune, we were given a space under some raised grassy knoll - a low room for storing gardening tools - by some workmen so that the girl had somewhere to change. Normally, we'd just do what had to be done wherever we could do it...
The Borne reflected lost days of glory: several closed hotels and apartments, with a few seedy mock-Roman cafés selling stupidly priced drinks and poisonous snacks. The far left side of your shot used to be a narrow, one-way street running from the fountain up towards your camera; I drove along it once not knowing it had been pedestrianised; getting the hell off it through some bollards was exciting... and you wonder why I avoid Palma? Did you catch any flower-selling gypsies? Perhaps the fuzz moved them all away - they used to try to sell you product, their accomplices picking your rucksack the while. As I never in my life carried rucksacks, the target would have been the wallet in my jeans, but I don't do that anymore either: as you age and your bum vanishes, things drop out of hip pockets when you sit down, so now it's a bag across the shoulder and body. Case Logic looks good in green.
;-)
Rob C