Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Slobodan Blagojevic on January 15, 2014, 02:20:18 pm
-
Some really, really nice pictures there (hell, not "some," all):
Russian Mother Takes Magical Pictures of Her Two Kids With Animals On Her Farm (http://www.boredpanda.com/animal-children-photography-elena-shumilova/?fb_action_ids=10202522404557284&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B600223250049386%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22og.likes%22%5D&action_ref_map)
-
Thanks Slobodan,
Just goes to prove that the city is no place to raise your kids.
W
-
Just goes to prove that the city is no place to raise your kids.
Just goes to demonstrate a lack of connection between premise and conclusion.
Nice photos.
-
Just goes to show this forum might as well stop featuring pictures and just chat about bodies and optics.
As photographers, in the sense of image makers, Mama sure beats most of us to death.
Rob C
-
This is some seriously good stuff.
Thanks for sharing this link Slobodan!
-
in the sense of image makers, Mama sure beats most of us to death.
Rob C
Imagine how much more incredible her abilities are than those who waffle in psycho-babble and never show a damned thing?
W
-
Wonderful. I'm jealous.
-
+1. Hvala, Slobodan!
-
They're very good. Some superb stuff there
-
That is really wonderful - thanks for posting!
-
She's VERY good! Many thanks for sharing!!
Mike.
-
Yeah, these are fantastic. There are plenty more on her 500px site (http://500px.com/ElenaShumilova).
-
Those images are not only "nice", or "great", or "wonderful", there is "something else" going on there: those images have magic, those images tell a story, those images have a mood that impacts on the viewer; and you do not need to use a loupe on a 60x40 print to notice all that.
-
Thanks, Slobodan. One of my grandsons posted a link to this on Facebook. He says he wants a farm so he can photograph his daughter this way. The gal who made these pictures was an incredibly good photographer.
-
Just goes to demonstrate a lack of connection between premise and conclusion.
Isaac, you really need to get a boat and a motor. Then you can troll to your heart's content and nobody will complain.
-
Superb images, we all agree. No pixel-peeping necessary. Just eyes and heart.
Thanks again, Slobodan.
-
Those images are not only "nice", or "great", or "wonderful", there is "something else" going on there: those images have magic, those images tell a story, those images have a mood that impacts on the viewer; and you do not need to use a loupe on a 60x40 print to notice all that.
Nice to see you around, Eduardo, I thought you'd declared Independence with Cataluña!
(Or had finally gone down to explore that roundabout at the Ferry Terminal, and had got yourself trapped like the Flying Dutchman!)
Rob C
-
Absolutely beautiful and very moving. She really captures the essence of her children, conveys what there life is like and filters it through the eyes of a loving mother....wonderful!
-
Superb images, we all agree. No pixel-peeping necessary. Just eyes and heart.
Thanks again, Slobodan.
I totally agree.
-
Isaac, you really need to get a boat and a motor. Then you can troll to your heart's content and nobody will complain.
+10.
-
waffle in psycho-babble
I wish you would say more about the photos.
There's no connection between the photos and whatever you personally think about the city as a place to raise children.
-
I wish you would say more about the photos.
There's no connection between the photos and whatever you personally think about the city as a place to raise children.
Dear Professor Logic,
I wish you would say more about the photos.
There's no connection between the photos and whatever you personally think about the logical capabilities of other forum members.
Cheers
~Chris
-
There's no connection between the photos and whatever you personally think about the logical capabilities of other forum members.
I don't concern myself with "the logical capabilities of other forum members". I just try to make sense of what they've written.
-
I don't concern myself with "the logical capabilities of other forum members". I just try to make sense of what they've written.
I'd suggest to rather ask then instead of telling them what they did wrong.
Might get you more results and less bashing. ;)
Cheers
~Chris
-
I find flattery is more effective than suggesting or telling others what they should do.
Magical Pictures...
-
When I was a young man, I disdained pictures of that type. Darned if I can remember how I got that way, perhaps it is a disease of youth to quickly sort aesthetic choices into bins labeled "cool" and "corny." And I have never understood what internal engine stamps out my aesthetic decisions, or how its cams are arranged. But those cams have smoothed a bit over time, enough to let me enjoy those pictures. Moms take the best kid pictures, no question about it. Maybe when humans start living to be about 120 we will begin to have rational theories about aesthetics, but not before then.
However, I did a feel a little uncomfortable about the looks on some of those animals' faces, poor things!
-
There's no connection between the photos and whatever you personally think about the city as a place to raise children.
I guess that is all down to an individual's powers of perception.
While we are about it Isaac, I have witnessed much of your intrusion on this site and I would thank you NOT to refer to comments I make.
W
-
It takes a special "magic" to turn a thread about the magic of photography into a "magic" of hairsplitting.
-
Sorry if my answer annoyed you Slobodan,
It was certainly not intended to.
I stand by my initial observation that these fantastic family pictures depict not only the rural setting but also the rural frame of mind which drives the mother's perception.
Thanks for the link,
W
-
Gee, Walter, I certainly did not have you in mind... I thought we would all know who we are talking about. ;)
-
Just goes to show this forum might as well stop featuring pictures and just chat about bodies and optics.
As photographers, in the sense of image makers, Mama sure beats most of us to death.
Rob C
You can say that again... And she's been working at since way back in 2012. Vision is almost everything.
Rand
-
Isaac, you really need to get a boat and a motor. Then you can troll to your heart's content and nobody will complain.
And some passive-aggressive worms for bait! ;D
-
Gee, Walter, I certainly did not have you in mind... I thought we would all know who we are talking about. ;)
I'm certain Slobodan didn't have you in mind, Walter. It's very clear to me just which individual he was talking about, in fact it was someone who made a direct response to one of your posts.
-
Nice to see you around, Eduardo, I thought you'd declared Independence with Cataluña!
(Or had finally gone down to explore that roundabout at the Ferry Terminal, and had got yourself trapped like the Flying Dutchman!)
Rob C
I am always around here, only that most of the time I do not feel I have something insightful to add to the conversations; sometimes I just get too late to the party, and it has already derailed into some sort of a pissing contest.
Just yesterday the Catalan Parliament approved to ask the Spanish Parliament for permission to decide by themselves whether or not a referendum about the independence should be hold; but the Catalan Parliament has already approved such referendum, even the question has already been decided, and the Spanish Government has absolutely zero intentions to hold any referendum about the matter... politics!
Roundabouts will never be the same, by the way.
-
and I would thank you NOT to refer to comments I make.
You don't have to see my comments.
When you're logged in to the Forum click the "Profile" tab, on the "Profile" page click "Personal Message Options", add the username to the "Ignorelist" and then click "Change profile".