Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Ed B on January 14, 2014, 09:22:51 pm
-
...and some frozen water.
-
Nicely done!
-
It's a very nice composition. The rock seems to point to the sky. I like the shapes in the foreground and the sky is a perfect complement.
-
Nicely done indeed.
Mike.
-
Sky seems to be a little dark on the right side -- but great shot ~! Was that a polarizer and a red filter ??
-
A great play between sky and snow. Very nice.
-
Nicely done, and otherworldly. I particularly like the texture of the snow in the wind scoop around the rock.
-
A great play between sky and snow. Very nice.
+1.
-
Thanks everyone. :) The snow around the rock is what first caught my attention. I got lucky with that as this was shot a day after it snowed and no one walked through it yet.
Sky seems to be a little dark on the right side -- but great shot ~! Was that a polarizer and a red filter ??
Yeah, I will have to lighten that up a bit. And no, no filters, just really good sky conditions and lowering the blue/cyan values in Lightroom and Silver Efex.
-
It's unusual and interesting. I especially like how you anchored the front of the frame with the broken lump of sand .. very well done. But then the sky.. the sky distracts. Too much contrast to look natural, too large, too dark around the edges. Makes it look heavily processed. Sure does catch the eye though..