Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Todd Suttles on January 13, 2014, 12:17:45 am

Title: Once Upon...
Post by: Todd Suttles on January 13, 2014, 12:17:45 am
Would appreciate C&C. Thanks in advance, -t
Title: Re: Once Upon...
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on January 13, 2014, 01:39:49 am
It appears the artist has painted the barrels as well or is that a coincidence?
In any case - the colors match well and give the photograph an interesting coherence.
So the photograph becomes an interesting presentation of the graffitti.
I wonder if experimenting with the point of view could have made it even stronger -
But I guess you couldn't add more from the barrels and that little plants?
They look a little chopped off, thats why I'm asking.
A hand grabbing out of the barrel would ...  well ... its your image ... ;)
Cheers
~Chris
Title: Re: Once Upon...
Post by: Todd Suttles on January 13, 2014, 10:08:58 am
Here is the way I cropped it in camera and the way I have printed it in the past. I cropped it down to post here thinking it was too much? ..also, two other images from same location. Thanks for your time and input... -t
Title: Re: Once Upon...
Post by: David Eckels on January 14, 2014, 12:48:39 pm
FWIW, I think the in camera crop is a stronger image. The barrels form a leading line to the graffiti.