Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on January 10, 2014, 02:21:27 pm

Title: From Mallorca: Bougainvillea, Olive Planatage
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on January 10, 2014, 02:21:27 pm
Just thought I'd post this as I am working on my Mallorca images.
The bougainvillea is from my mothers garden on Mallorca.
The olive plantage can be seen from my sisters flat:

Bougainvillea in evening light

(http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3750/11875299433_72ddae1b9b_o.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/feldhaim/11875299433/in/photostream/)



Olive plantage in morning light

(http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3774/11875668304_39de2f0a2b_o.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/feldhaim/11875668304/)
Title: Re: From Mallorca: Bougainvillea, Olive Planatage
Post by: Rob C on January 10, 2014, 04:59:51 pm
Love that second shot: the tiny village tower in the background makes it! And yes, I think that hinting at location and not putting in all the available detail is brilliant. I think that's where the majority, the vast majority of landscapists miss their opportunity of making something personal out of what's before them. There's reference to this in the thread around cjogo's image of the beach with a couple of trees - the film shot.

You didn't hop over to Tuscany, did you?

;-)

Rob C
Title: Re: From Mallorca: Bougainvillea, Olive Planatage
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on January 10, 2014, 05:08:38 pm
Love that second shot: the tiny village tower in the background makes it! And yes, I think that hinting at location and not putting in all the available detail is brilliant. I think that's where the majority, the vast majority of landscapists miss their opportunity of making something personal out of what's before them. There's reference to this in the thread around cjogo's image of the beach with a couple of trees - the film shot.

You didn't hop over to Tuscany, did you?

;-)

Rob C

I'm glad you like it.
And no - its all from the recent Mallorca trip - not Tuscany this time.
From the same balcony I had another nice shot over to Inca and the mountains.

Cheers
~Chris