Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: cjogo on January 10, 2014, 12:55:10 pm
-
1980's Point and Shoot - Kodak neg
-
Olympus Stylus :: were incredible cameras for their time http://www.d2gallery.com/images/olympus-stylus-front.jpg
-
Never mind the cameras, the image is lovely.
Rob C
-
Notice how many of the shadow details cannot be seen. Do you think we're now hung up on shadow detail capability or what? Back then most people didn't care about shadows, in fact blacks make a great contrast counterpoint.
-
Notice how many of the shadow details cannot be seen. Do you think we're now hung up on shadow detail capability or what? Back then most people didn't care about shadows, in fact blacks make a great contrast counterpoint.
Agree 100%, Alan, and I still follow that concept where I think it suits.
You've hit on something that deserves a thread to itself: The Corruption of Art in the Pursuit of Total Recall.
Rob C
-
HDR often fits into total recall as well.
-
I started with Canon QL17 'round 1971 http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/msFOk6uKNyj4JqsM8QiYQ8A.jpg
-
Notice how many of the shadow details cannot be seen. Do you think we're now hung up on shadow detail capability or what? Back then most people didn't care about shadows, in fact blacks make a great contrast counterpoint.
Probably one reason I moved over to mainly B&W -- fuller spectrum ....
-
Beach shot with a Nikonos IVa circa early 1980's. Great for the beach because it kept out the sand.
http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/nikon/htmls/models/htmls/nikonos45.htm
-
You've hit on something that deserves a thread to itself: The Corruption of Art in the Pursuit of Total Recall.
Absolutely!
-
Notice how many of the shadow details cannot be seen. Do you think we're now hung up on shadow detail capability or what? Back then most people didn't care about shadows, in fact blacks make a great contrast counterpoint.
Lovely shot - I like the distant figures on the beach. Only nit is the sloping horizon but you know how to fix that.
I agree with Alan about the shadows - deep shadows don't always need detail and most often I find myself crushing down the blacks in LR anyway to get the look I want.
As for HDR - eeurgh (most of the time).