Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: William Walker on January 10, 2014, 02:23:17 am

Title: On the road to Paternoster...
Post by: William Walker on January 10, 2014, 02:23:17 am
This scene captured me immediately..I hope you like it too.

William
Title: Re: On the road to Paternoster...
Post by: Tony Jay on January 10, 2014, 03:25:03 am
Nice William.
I would consider cropping some of the foreground though.

Tony Jay
Title: Re: On the road to Paternoster...
Post by: David Eckels on January 10, 2014, 12:46:53 pm
I have to say this image doesn't make it for me, but why? A nondescript foreground and a nondescript sky and a "horizon" that cuts right through the middle, which is what Tony was trying to get at perhaps. I found zooming in on the house and stones to be much more interesting. The colors are very pleasant to my eye. I'd work with it some more. Not technically, compositionally. FWIW.
Title: Re: On the road to Paternoster...
Post by: RSL on January 10, 2014, 03:10:22 pm
+1. I also see a fairly pronounced sharpening halo along the horizon.
Title: Re: On the road to Paternoster...
Post by: brandtb on January 11, 2014, 11:35:50 am
William - really wonderful image...when it first came up it reminded me of a Corot oil sketch. The tones, the rhythm of the foreground, the blankness captured. I'm not totally sure about the hue of the sky (and perhaps its overall tone) as shown...and also dodging and added contrast to the cloud band might be something to think about...as well as cropping of a small fraction off the right.  /B
Title: Re: On the road to Paternoster...
Post by: William Walker on January 11, 2014, 02:51:24 pm
Thanks for the input! I have taken it all in and tried again...
Title: Re: On the road to Paternoster...
Post by: David Eckels on January 11, 2014, 05:52:31 pm
I think better.