Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: D. King on January 10, 2014, 12:28:45 am
-
Since this may not be a strict LR problem I posted it on the computer thread but as yet no one responded so I'm trying here as well. For those who read both threads I appologize for the duplication.
I just upgraded to LightRoom 5.3 but when I attempt to import images from my Compact Flash card to my G drive the system redirects the import and I get a message that "D drive is full" and I can't import to it. Yes, disk D is full and has been for a long time. Both G and D are internal but separate HD's. I've tripled checked and the path is set properly.
Is it possibly something to do with the path or some kind of permissions has been corrupted? Any ideas? Thanks.
Windows 7
-
Which drives are
(a) Your LR program
(b) Your LR Catalogue
on?
-
Where are your LR images (not the catalog) stored? The catalog may be on G but if the images are on D, there's the problem.
-
"Something is standing between me and my hard"
When this happened to me I had to see my doctor.
-
"Something is standing between me and my hard"
When this happened to me I had to see my doctor.
Now you have made me spray coffee all over the keyboard!
-
Actually it doesn't matter where the program or catalog is. LR would work with images all over your computer.
The problem is most likely that you aren't setting the Import DESTINATION where you want the files to actually go (from your card).
Every time you upgrade LR it "forgets" what your current settings are. See attached.
Bob.
-
Actually it doesn't matter where the program or catalog is. LR would work with images all over your computer.
Bob.
Actually, it does, Bob.
If the catalogue is on a drive that is completely full, then Lighroom will become inoperative. If this is the case, then the answer might be to delete old versions of the catalogue.
-
A full drive is risky. It an and will lead to corrupt files. Even cor temporary files. It also becomes awfully slow. So i suggest to create some free space on your drive.
-
A full drive is risky. It an and will lead to corrupt files. Even cor temporary files. It also becomes awfully slow. So i suggest to create some free space on your drive.
Agreed.
-
If you move the images to G drive without LR it will work. But asd soon as you import them to the catalog, which sounds like it is on drive D, this will be a problem.
Check which drive your catalog is on, as it will grow with addition of image files, regardless of where those files are.