Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: William Walker on January 07, 2014, 01:41:54 pm

Title: Stadsaal Caves - Cederberg
Post by: William Walker on January 07, 2014, 01:41:54 pm
An amazing place to spend time with a camera.
These are not caves in the sense that you walk into an entrance in the side of a mountain...it is more like a bunch of large rocks that have been eroded at the base.

I look forward to your comments.
William
Title: Re: Stadsaal Caves - Cederberg
Post by: RSL on January 07, 2014, 03:36:39 pm
Love the light. Very nice, William.
Title: Re: Stadsaal Caves - Cederberg
Post by: Tony Jay on January 07, 2014, 04:18:15 pm
Love the light. Very nice, William.
I agree with Russ - the light makes this image.

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Stadsaal Caves - Cederberg
Post by: AFairley on January 07, 2014, 07:32:04 pm
Love those shadows, and the balance of the three elements - boulder, tree and patch of sky - very nice.
Title: Re: Stadsaal Caves - Cederberg
Post by: cjogo on January 07, 2014, 11:52:30 pm
And everything just in its natural spot ~! Perfect

Almost inspired me to pickup a camera again ~!
Title: Re: Stadsaal Caves - Cederberg
Post by: Riaan van Wyk on January 08, 2014, 12:40:49 am
Love the light. Very nice, William.

Same here.
Title: Re: Stadsaal Caves - Cederberg
Post by: wolfnowl on January 08, 2014, 01:37:23 am
It's great light.  Might be tempting to open the shadows a bit, but you wouldn't want to overdo it.  Fine as is.

Mike.
Title: Re: Stadsaal Caves - Cederberg
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on January 08, 2014, 03:59:36 am
The only thing I didn't like about the shot is the large, very dark triangle in the lower right. I think I can see some detail in it, and opening it up a little would, I think, improve things.

Lovely place.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Stadsaal Caves - Cederberg
Post by: RSL on January 08, 2014, 09:06:37 am
Sorry Mike and Jeremy, I don't agree. That large dark area in the lower right makes clear where you are in the cave. You're back there in the dark looking toward the light.

Leave it alone, William.
Title: Re: Stadsaal Caves - Cederberg
Post by: David Eckels on January 08, 2014, 07:16:16 pm
Well done.
Title: Re: Stadsaal Caves - Cederberg
Post by: davidh202 on January 08, 2014, 07:29:19 pm
Sorry Mike and Jeremy, I don't agree. That large dark area in the lower right makes clear where you are in the cave. You're back there in the dark looking toward the light.

Leave it alone, William.

What he said!!
Title: Re: Stadsaal Caves - Cederberg
Post by: William Walker on January 09, 2014, 01:34:32 pm
Many thanks to you all for the comments.

As I walked around the corner it was like that rock was on fire. A lovely sight.

regards
William