Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: AFairley on January 06, 2014, 02:12:43 pm

Title: Bijan Designer for Men
Post by: AFairley on January 06, 2014, 02:12:43 pm
First print of the new year.

(http://www.ahfairley.com/gallery/2014/content/images/large/Bijan_Designer_for_Men.jpg)
Title: Re: Bijan Designer for Men
Post by: Bruce Cox on January 06, 2014, 02:36:00 pm
There is so much to be thankful for in this picture.  I like the bottom middle with it's nice piece of shrubbery, just enough tail light, and palm trees.
Title: Re: Bijan Designer for Men
Post by: RSL on January 06, 2014, 03:12:33 pm
Again, very Martin Parr-ish. I like it Alan.
Title: Re: Bijan Designer for Men
Post by: AFairley on January 07, 2014, 02:53:46 pm
Good eye on the palm tree, Bruce.  I'd like to have had a tad more tail light, but unfortunately, these things unfold so rapidly there's little time to more than zoom and compose to the general framing.  I like the overlapping rectangular shapes (car, billboard, building) and the way the curve of the lamp standard is picked up in the curve of the car hatch.  Plus the way it worked out with crossing diagonals with the billboard in the center.  Russ, I think I see the Parr-ish quality you have mentioned.  Thanks for the comments.
Title: Re: Bijan Designer for Men
Post by: Rob C on January 07, 2014, 03:04:41 pm
You could make a stronger shot of it with some radical cropping.

Try it...

Rob C
Title: Re: Bijan Designer for Men
Post by: AFairley on January 07, 2014, 04:36:14 pm
You could make a stronger shot of it with some radical cropping.

Try it...

Rob C

Show me what you have in mind, Rob...  I like a degree of clutter and randomness, but I am always interested in other people's "eyes."