Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on January 05, 2014, 09:56:35 pm

Title: Wind, Rain, Fog, Salt, Cold
Post by: Chris Calohan on January 05, 2014, 09:56:35 pm
NW Florida at sunset. Low tonight 33, tomorrow night 17.

Title: Re: Wind, Rain, Fog, Salt, Cold
Post by: cjogo on January 05, 2014, 10:41:47 pm
Didn't even make 70* at Carmel beach today ...  So I feel for those in Florida --some crop damage for sure ..
Title: Re: Wind, Rain, Fog, Salt, Cold
Post by: ahbnyc on January 06, 2014, 12:14:01 am
Great photo -- really captures a mood.  At risk of nitpicking, I think the buildings maybe detract a bit from the picture, but you may not have been in a position to get the  beach without the buildings in the frame.
Title: Re: Wind, Rain, Fog, Salt, Cold
Post by: Chris Calohan on January 06, 2014, 12:48:02 am
I wanted them in there for scale and as a point where the clouds/fog and salt spray drifted through. Terrible shot without the buildings.
Title: Re: Wind, Rain, Fog, Salt, Cold
Post by: wolfnowl on January 06, 2014, 02:14:03 am
Brrr... Brings back memories of my years up north.  I think I'll stay on our little Pacific island paradise.

Mike.