Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: ahbnyc on January 04, 2014, 01:00:19 am

Title: Carnival Game
Post by: ahbnyc on January 04, 2014, 01:00:19 am
This is detail of antique carnival game.  I would be interested in hearing what people think, including whether strength of image is helped or hurt (or neither) by fact that it probably isn't readily apparent what this is from looking at it as well as any other comments.
Title: Re: Carnival Game
Post by: Bruce Cox on January 04, 2014, 10:51:07 am
It looks good and it looks like an antique carnival game.  I don't know how the painting looked lower, but, in my ignorance, I feel the paint job is slighted by where you cropped it.
Title: Re: Carnival Game
Post by: ahbnyc on January 04, 2014, 11:54:53 pm
Thank you Bruce.  I see your point about the framing (actually didn't crop the photo) but the more loosely framed shots I took that picked up more of the lower parts of the figures just didn't seem to work as well -- maybe would have succeeded if I had kept trying.