Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: quickhiker on December 31, 2013, 12:46:04 pm
-
Took these in about a 15 minute window just about sunset with very flat, overcast light. All were shot handheld and I was really wishing I'd brought my tripod or a monopod. All comments suggestions welcome, especially processing tips.
-
Missed one.
-
I too wish you had brought a tripod... all have good potential but the capture wasn't right.
-
I like your third image (the rest have too little subject matter) - and the tone is very nice. The yellowish cast against the blue grays are "compliments" and have a strength - don't know if you used a split tone process, but it's is in the right direction for this. The one thing I wish is I could see is a little more in the frame on the right/left - it would be much better I think. Was this the orig. aspect ratio, or cropped? /B
-
I agree with the previous comments about the tripod. But I also see great potential in them. I especially like the idea in your first one. It is different and exciting, certainly worth exploring further.
-
Thanks for the feedback. How often do I leave the tripod behind only to wish I had it at some point? Answer: almost always.
Here's a recrop of the "branch" shot with more to the left/right and bottom of frame. Top still has some sky cropped out. As you suggested, it does work better. I think I'd been doing so many skinny crops before that that my eye got recalibrated. Mental note to step back when cropping.