Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on December 27, 2013, 10:14:08 am

Title: Another Sunset -- So What?
Post by: RSL on December 27, 2013, 10:14:08 am
Unlike the beautiful post-processing sunsets Slobodan posted in The Coffee Corner, this one is right out of the camera (with a bit of sharpening). It's from last year during the Waldo Canyon fire. We had evacuated our house in Manitou Springs, and I made this shot from a balcony at my third son's house on the east side of Colorado springs.
Title: Re: Another Sunset -- So What?
Post by: Dale Villeponteaux on December 27, 2013, 11:37:31 am
I like it, though it's disturbing.  Looks like the beginning of the apocalypse.

Regards,
Dale

Addendum: I tried clarity and highlights bring out the godrays a little.  Some difference, but not a lot.
Title: Re: Another Sunset -- So What?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 27, 2013, 11:59:04 am
Nice one, Russ.

(But the only evidence I see of the "Hand of Man" is your copyright in the lower right corner.   ;D )
Title: Re: Another Sunset -- So What?
Post by: Bruce Cox on December 27, 2013, 01:10:48 pm
It's the smoke of man.
Title: Re: Another Sunset -- So What?
Post by: RSL on December 27, 2013, 02:09:01 pm
Good point, Bruce. Turns out it was started by the hand of man.
Title: Re: Another Sunset -- So What?
Post by: seamus finn on December 27, 2013, 05:30:53 pm
It's amazing you had the presence of mind to take the picture in the first place. Me - I'd be looking for the nearest exit.
Title: Re: Another Sunset -- So What?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 27, 2013, 07:42:25 pm
Good point, Bruce. Turns out it was started by the hand of man.
I sit corrected.
It's still a nice sunset, but the price was certainly a bit excessive.