Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on December 26, 2013, 09:49:28 am

Title: Untitled
Post by: RSL on December 26, 2013, 09:49:28 am
.
Title: Re: Untitled
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on December 26, 2013, 12:38:31 pm
Would that be you above his right shoulder, Russ? In the hat?

Jeremy
Title: Re: Untitled
Post by: RSL on December 26, 2013, 01:11:51 pm
Afraid so, Jeremy. There wasn't any way to avoid it. Maybe a bit of a clone..?
Title: Re: Untitled
Post by: Rob C on December 26, 2013, 01:35:49 pm
Afraid so, Jeremy. There wasn't any way to avoid it. Maybe a bit of a clone..?


Hell no, just try a bandana next time you go out on the 'street'! Nobody will know you and nobody will catch your eye.

Works a treat! You become every snapper's dream: invisible.

Rob C
Title: Re: Untitled
Post by: RSL on December 26, 2013, 02:35:54 pm
I donno, Rob. I wear that shooting Tilley because it keeps the sun out of my eyes. But maybe a bandanna would be better. On the other hand, with the Tilley I just look like an old guy with a hat who doesn't quite know what to do with that camera in his hand.
Title: Re: Untitled
Post by: Rob C on December 26, 2013, 02:49:42 pm
I donno, Rob. I wear that shooting Tilley because it keeps the sun out of my eyes. But maybe a bandanna would be better. On the other hand, with the Tilley I just look like an old guy with a hat who doesn't quite know what to do with that camera in his hand.


That is cunning, but in my case, the helmet of Perseus would be more efficient; nobody who might dare look would be left wondering why I need a bandana in the first place. (They would never suspect that it stays put where a baseball cap flies into the ocean, terrifying the fish and fouling propellers.)

Life has its reasons. Of course, it appears, at times, to have excuses instead.

Merry Boxing Day!

Rob C
Title: Re: Untitled
Post by: RSL on December 26, 2013, 04:57:12 pm

That is cunning, but in my case, the helmet of Perseus would be more efficient; nobody who might dare look would be left wondering why I need a bandana in the first place. (They would never suspect that it stays put where a baseball cap flies into the ocean, terrifying the fish and fouling propellers.)

Merry Boxing Day!

One of the nice things about a Tilley is that you can tie it on and it's still comfortable. Keeps it from chasing fish and fouling props.

Merry Boxing Day to you too, Rob. Haven't heard that wish since I lived in Canada at the turn of the sixties.
Title: Re: Untitled
Post by: WalterEG on December 26, 2013, 05:37:42 pm
All hail the Tilley.  Floats and has a secret pocket for keys, cards and money.

Boxing Day may be rare in the non-Anglo world but how long since you heard of it as The Feast of Stephen — except as a line in Good King Wenceslas?
Title: Re: Untitled
Post by: RSL on December 26, 2013, 06:24:59 pm
Well, I knew about St. Stephen, but I've never really understood the relationship between St. Stephen and Boxing Day. Still don't.

Riught, Walter. I love both my Tilleys.
Title: Re: Untitled
Post by: Dale Villeponteaux on December 26, 2013, 09:15:26 pm
All hail the Tilley.  Floats and has a secret pocket for keys, cards and money.

Boxing Day may be rare in the non-Anglo world but how long since you heard of it as The Feast of Stephen — except as a line in Good King Wenceslas?

My 10-yr old Tilley sank in the Atlantic with the air temp in the 20's (we were going out to the Gulf Stream).  I thought about diving for it but....Naah.
Usually had it tied fore-and-aft, but pulled it off to put the hood of my jacket up.  If I had ever been divorced, I would miss it more than my first wife.

Regards,
Dale