Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on December 24, 2013, 03:06:46 pm

Title: Canon EOS A1 - ???
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on December 24, 2013, 03:06:46 pm
Could this possibly be a picture of the body shell of a new large mp Canon, that may be called the EOS A1?

Yes I know, it is still only a rumour..

(http://img.xatakafoto.com/2013/12/650_1000_ChasisCanon.jpg)

Here is a link (http://www.xatakafoto.com/actualidad/la-eos-a1-podria-ser-la-proxima-bestia-de-canon-equipada-con-un-sensor-de-muy-alta-resolucion) to the web page showing this image, but it is Spanish I believe, so you may have to run it through the Google translator to read the text.

Dave
Title: Re: Canon EOS A1 - ???
Post by: BernardLanguillier on December 25, 2013, 04:46:34 am
Dave,

Yep, I hear that Canon may have outsourced its high end still camera design effort to a company based in Sevilla.

That may explain why this 42nd rumor of a high end body is in Spanish?

I am sure that the timing of this rumor surfacing has nothing to do with the thousand of Canon shooters rushing to stores to buy a7r bodies as Xmas gift... ;)

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: Canon EOS A1 - ???
Post by: Ken Doo on December 25, 2013, 10:07:52 am
Better late than never.