Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: fdisilvestro on December 23, 2013, 11:19:37 pm

Title: Travellers
Post by: fdisilvestro on December 23, 2013, 11:19:37 pm
At Sydney harbour.
Title: Re: Travellers
Post by: ahbnyc on December 26, 2013, 12:21:22 am
I find this very striking -- the composition, the contrast, the grain, the vignetting, the whole gestalt.
Title: Re: Travellers
Post by: Rob C on December 26, 2013, 04:20:53 am
Striking matching of shapes!

Rob C
Title: Re: Travellers
Post by: WalterEG on December 26, 2013, 05:24:33 am
There is a lot to like except for that abomination of a building in the distance.  If on ly someone would cut the mooring lines and let the bloody thing float away.

Nothing quite as striking as the bow of a ship.  Ruskin once wrote a poem about the bow or prow of a boat but I'll be buggered if I can find it.

Cheers,

W
Title: Re: Travellers
Post by: fdisilvestro on December 26, 2013, 08:11:44 am
Thanks a lot for your comments

There is a lot to like except for that abomination of a building in the distance.  If on ly someone would cut the mooring lines and let the bloody thing float away.

I guess you don't like the Sydney opera house  :), or is it just because the ship is moored to the harbour?

Regards,
Title: Re: Travellers
Post by: Rob C on December 26, 2013, 08:26:00 am
There is a lot to like except for that abomination of a building in the distance.  If on ly someone would cut the mooring lines and let the bloody thing float away.

Nothing quite as striking as the bow of a ship.  Ruskin once wrote a poem about the bow or prow of a boat but I'll be buggered if I can find it.
Cheers,

W


Have you tried under 'mermaids'?

Rob C
Title: Re: Travellers
Post by: RSL on December 26, 2013, 08:57:57 am
It's a fine piece of artwork, Francisco. Closer to painting than to photography, though.
Title: Re: Travellers
Post by: fdisilvestro on December 26, 2013, 05:51:19 pm
Thanks you, Russ
Title: Re: Travellers
Post by: WalterEG on December 27, 2013, 03:28:02 am
Francisco,

I love the pic, I love the boat, I love the travellers ..... I just abhor that useless building.  It has been part of most of my life and I was well over it before it was completed.

Cheers, from Sydney,