Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on December 23, 2013, 12:45:16 pm

Title: langur
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on December 23, 2013, 12:45:16 pm
Inspired by some of the b&w wildlife photos posted here recently, I returned to this one, which I'd previously thought of only in colour.

Comments?

Jeremy
Title: Re: langur
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 23, 2013, 02:18:37 pm
Very nice! Like the cream tonality. And the composition. I would, however, attempt to bring out a bit more of facial details.
Title: Re: langur
Post by: RSL on December 23, 2013, 03:24:24 pm
+1. A touch of the dodging brush at about 20%.
Title: Re: langur
Post by: Rob C on December 23, 2013, 03:44:28 pm
Remember the trouble that got Time into... leave things well alone.

;-)

Rob C
Title: Re: langur
Post by: WalterEG on December 23, 2013, 05:22:31 pm
Jeremy,

The first moment's glance at this evoked immediate thoughts of the accelerating downfall of man.  Due to the similarity of the background to the famous H C-B image of the hooded holy women in India the thought struck me that even the spiritually grounded will be gone and the world left to primates and cockroaches.

Many thanks,

W
Title: Re: langur
Post by: RSL on December 24, 2013, 09:50:03 am
I suspect even the primates will surrender to the cockroaches, Walter.
Title: Re: langur
Post by: Rob C on December 24, 2013, 10:03:49 am
I suspect even the primates will surrender to the cockroaches, Walter.



Have we not forgotten the all-conquering ants? They eat roaches for breakfast.

Apparently, in some Far-Eastern lands, cockroaches and associates are considered fried delicacies; when food gets tighter, I fear for the roaches even before they fail to outrun the ants.

This is a cold winter, but I currently have ants running over the desk despite one of those all-singing all-dancing things that you plug into a socket to drive them away. I suspect they (the plugs - but I don't really know...) are a product of the power companies.

Rob C
Title: Re: langur
Post by: cjogo on December 25, 2013, 12:56:30 am
No " work "  needed ---as seen  > takes the prize   ;-)
Title: Re: langur
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 25, 2013, 09:02:01 am
No " work "  needed ---as seen  > takes the prize   ;-)
Agreed.
Title: Re: langur
Post by: francois on December 25, 2013, 09:11:36 am
No " work "  needed ---as seen  > takes the prize   ;-)

Same here, I like it as it is…
Title: Re: langur
Post by: petermfiore on December 26, 2013, 09:21:20 am
Remember the trouble that got Time into... leave things well alone.

;-)

Rob C

I agree.

Peter