Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: dreed on December 22, 2013, 06:32:37 am

Title: Taking photographs ruins the memory
Post by: dreed on December 22, 2013, 06:32:37 am
Taking photographs ruins the memory research finds. (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/10507146/Taking-photographs-ruins-the-memory-research-finds.html)

Taking a picture for posterity at a birthday, wedding or concert may harm our ability to remember the event fully, researchers believe in a phenomenon known as 'photo-taking impairment effect'
Title: Re: Taking photographs ruins the memory
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 22, 2013, 08:58:04 am
...Taking a picture for posterity at a birthday, wedding or concert may harm our ability to remember the event fully...

Ergo the photograph... to refresh that memory😉
Title: Re: Taking photographs ruins the memory
Post by: Rob C on December 22, 2013, 01:01:39 pm
Some of the most valuable possessions that I have are old snaps of my late wife.

She disliked getting photographed; few shots of her exist. I have a cut-out from her old International Driving Licence in my wallet; it lives beside the one of myself from my own licence of the day; amazing the amount of hair and beard that I used to own in the late 70s.

And yes, they certainly do make the person come to life; after five years, the mind loses its accuracy in such matters, and a photograph refreshes and reminds one like nothing else can.

Rob C
Title: Re: Taking photographs ruins the memory
Post by: Alan Klein on December 22, 2013, 01:14:23 pm
When you look fondly at a photo of someone you care about, you fall in love all over again.
Title: Re: Taking photographs ruins the memory
Post by: Rob C on December 22, 2013, 05:24:05 pm
When you look fondly at a photo of someone you care about, you fall in love all over again.


Only if you have first been able to fall out of it first!

I can tell you, I look at my old Windows XP and Vista with very new love! I hate, detest and loathe the new 8-bitch that's moved in at my own invitation!

Rob C