Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on December 22, 2013, 12:54:56 am

Title: Blowin' in the Wind
Post by: Chris Calohan on December 22, 2013, 12:54:56 am
(http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7304/11490640275_013fb986a0_o.jpg)
Title: Re: Blowin' in the Wind
Post by: Rob C on December 22, 2013, 04:29:42 am
(http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7304/11490640275_013fb986a0_o.jpg)


I like that; an interesting perspective and why I wished that Nikon made a device that would slide into the hot shoe of the D700 and present me with a screen pointing vertically upwards. Don't think I really want a moving rear screen though, on the principle that the fewer moving parts the better the condition in which electrical connections remain.

I am no longer able or willing to lie down in the street or on a beach, fully clad, just in order to get a low vantage point for the camera. Yet, each time I think about my Coke thinggy, the more the ideas come to me that include low vantage points. Perhaps if Mr Nikon bought one of my Coke snaps the company would change its mind and make such a device. I don't hold my breath.

;-)

Rob C
Title: Re: Blowin' in the Wind
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 22, 2013, 08:36:46 am
One thing I like is the built-in comment "Gnets!" which seems appropriately ambiguous.
Title: Re: Blowin' in the Wind
Post by: Chris Calohan on December 22, 2013, 09:39:49 am
I wondered if changing the context (I shot quite a few before I was satisfied) might also change how the subject was viewed. Gnets is more resolved yet not fully identified as is the setting where the "Street Dancers" are mindlessly frolicking at the whim of the wind.

Thoughts:

(http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7353/11496407253_d3a84ab227_o.jpg)
Title: Re: Blowin' in the Wind
Post by: Rob C on December 22, 2013, 12:18:34 pm
Are they selling young swans?

Rob C
Title: Re: Blowin' in the Wind
Post by: Chris Calohan on December 22, 2013, 01:11:10 pm
Beignets - sugar coated swans
Title: Re: Blowin' in the Wind
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 22, 2013, 02:28:51 pm
To me, "Ignets" has more of a real dancing feel to the leaves than does "Gnets," so I prefer the second version.

And I'm glad you didn't include the entire word "Beignets" in either one.
Title: Re: Blowin' in the Wind
Post by: Rob C on December 22, 2013, 05:20:39 pm
To me, "Ignets" has more of a real dancing feel to the leaves than does "Gnets," so I prefer the second version.

And I'm glad you didn't include the entire word "Beignets" in either one.


I'd still have preferred swans.

;-)

Rob C
Title: Re: Blowin' in the Wind
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 22, 2013, 07:11:25 pm
I'd still have preferred swans.

;-)

Rob C
OK, Rob, it's "cygnets" for you.   :D