Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on December 14, 2013, 11:45:20 am

Title: El Castillo
Post by: RSL on December 14, 2013, 11:45:20 am
.
Title: Re: El Castillo
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on December 14, 2013, 12:05:10 pm
Very nice one Russ.
What about making this a B/W and silhouette?
The sky colors are lovely though - maybe just a silhouette in color.
Title: Re: El Castillo
Post by: RSL on December 14, 2013, 12:17:59 pm
Hi Chris, I looked at it in B&W. Here it is. It's a different picture. It was dawn when I made the shot, and I kind of like the dawn colors.
Title: Re: El Castillo
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on December 14, 2013, 12:31:28 pm
For some reason the remaining shadow details in the color version somehow irritate me, but they don't do that in the B/W version.
Don't ask me why - I have no clue - its just a feeling.
Title: Re: El Castillo
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on December 14, 2013, 01:20:26 pm
For some reason the remaining shadow details in the color version somehow irritate me, but they don't do that in the B/W version.
Don't ask me why - I have no clue - its just a feeling.

Perhaps because they're much more detailed?

FWIW, I prefer the b&w version.

Jeremy
Title: Re: El Castillo
Post by: RSL on December 14, 2013, 01:28:44 pm
They're more detailed because I did a high structure B&W conversion. I could produce the same effect (pretty much) in the color version, but I'm not sure it would improve it.