Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on December 14, 2013, 11:42:53 am

Title: Blast at Scarlett O'Hara's
Post by: RSL on December 14, 2013, 11:42:53 am
.
Title: Re: Blast at Scarlett O'Hara's
Post by: wmchauncey on December 14, 2013, 01:37:50 pm
Another one that was quite well done.      ;)
Title: Re: Blast at Scarlett O'Hara's
Post by: RSL on December 14, 2013, 02:09:02 pm
So I don't need help from Kelby on this one?
Title: Re: Blast at Scarlett O'Hara's
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 14, 2013, 02:13:10 pm
Venturing into lifestyle stock photography, Russ? ;)
Title: Re: Blast at Scarlett O'Hara's
Post by: Rob C on December 14, 2013, 02:13:31 pm
Why am I thinking of that guy who did all those Saturday Evening Post covers?

(I hate it when my memory effs up like this, but why wait until I can look clever? I may never remember at all. Of course I will, but it will be too late by then. He painted life-like(ish), American Dream perceptions.)

I told you! Norman Rockwell, and not too late!

;-)

Rob C
Title: Re: Blast at Scarlett O'Hara's
Post by: RSL on December 14, 2013, 02:29:22 pm
Venturing into lifestyle stock photography, Russ? ;)

Good question, Slobodan, but I think not. You wouldn't believe how dark it was when I shot this. ISO 6400 at f/1.4, students from the university in St. Augustine, and lots of booze. In spite of all that, Rob's right. It's in Norman Rockwell country
Title: Re: Blast at Scarlett O'Hara's
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 14, 2013, 03:04:08 pm
Was't he (NR) the first lifestyle photographer/illustrator? ;)
Title: Re: Blast at Scarlett O'Hara's
Post by: RSL on December 14, 2013, 03:29:38 pm
Was't he (NR) the first lifestyle photographer/illustrator? ;)

Yeah, that's what everybody thought until his paintings started selling for multi millions. Amazing how tastes change and how the noses of the anointed can go up and down as times change. I always think about the French state sponsored shows that turned up their noses at the Impressionists and boosted painters nobody except art historians have heard of since.