Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on December 13, 2013, 11:28:46 am

Title: Fog Lifting
Post by: Chris Calohan on December 13, 2013, 11:28:46 am
(http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7444/11354829493_3fb162fa11_h.jpg)
Title: Re: Fog Lifting
Post by: wolfnowl on December 14, 2013, 01:49:20 am
Took me a little while to notice that little ball on the left, but it balances the image nicely.

Mike.
Title: Re: Fog Lifting
Post by: francois on December 16, 2013, 04:41:27 am
I always struggle to find good subject with foggy skies but this photo is interesting, I like it bery much and it'll certainly inspire me to take my camera out more often when fog is present.
Title: Re: Fog Lifting
Post by: Rob C on December 16, 2013, 05:05:35 am
I always struggle to find good subject with foggy skies but this photo is interesting, I like it bery much and it'll certainly inspire me to take my camera out more often when fog is present.


You don't have to wait: you can do that with the cloning tool without any fog at all! I have done it several times, not to replicate the sun, but to put colours where they were lacking for the overall balance of something.

Photography is, after all, supposedly one of the creative arts...

;-)

Rob C
Title: Re: Fog Lifting
Post by: David Eckels on December 16, 2013, 03:33:05 pm
Very interesting idea, Chris.
Title: Re: Fog Lifting
Post by: Chris Calohan on December 17, 2013, 12:55:35 am
I shot it strictly for the minimalist subject matter: such a tiny white orb balancing out another, stronger and more dominate geometric shape, and doing it quite handily.
Title: Re: Fog Lifting
Post by: cjogo on December 17, 2013, 01:17:40 am
that works as a minimalist  ... just the right position for everything in that frame .....
Title: Re: Fog Lifting
Post by: AFairley on December 19, 2013, 08:18:13 pm
And I like the "grain," whatever it is, that gives some texture and interest to what could otherwise be just blank shapes.