Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: seamus finn on December 12, 2013, 03:54:34 pm

Title: Going Home
Post by: seamus finn on December 12, 2013, 03:54:34 pm
...at the end of the day.

Title: Re: Going Home
Post by: WalterEG on December 12, 2013, 04:28:52 pm
Why do I discern an imbalance of duty and faithfulness and zero romance or passion?  Great glimpse into suburbia.
Title: Re: Going Home
Post by: Rob C on December 13, 2013, 04:22:20 am
Why do I discern an imbalance of duty and faithfulness and zero romance or passion?  Great glimpse into suburbia.


Walter, she's the younger woman!

Rob C
Title: Re: Going Home
Post by: WalterEG on December 13, 2013, 05:54:38 am

Walter, she's the younger woman!

Rob C

Only marginally by all appearances.  Which makes him more of a bully and boofhead than I first deduced.

W
Title: Re: Going Home
Post by: Ed Blagden on December 13, 2013, 07:02:59 am
Seamus

Jokes aside I like the image.  The grim north and all that.

If it were mine I would lighten the shadows just a tad in the wall on the left.  At the moment it is just too heavy for my  taste.  Maybe by doing a global adjustment to shadows and then going in with a local adjustment to bring the shadows cast by the couple onto the pavement back to pure black.  It is those deep shadows cast by the people which make the image for me.

Keeper.
Title: Re: Going Home
Post by: PeterAit on December 13, 2013, 10:32:42 am
Why do I discern an imbalance of duty and faithfulness and zero romance or passion?  Great glimpse into suburbia.

Suburbia? What suburbia ever looked like that?