Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: epines on December 08, 2013, 07:17:01 pm

Title: Phocus problem: freezing with long exposures
Post by: epines on December 08, 2013, 07:17:01 pm
Been having a Phocus problem. Shooting tethered, I've been getting the spinning beach ball (Mac) with any exposures over 15 seconds or so. The software essentially freezes, and I have to disconnect the camera from the laptop and restart Phocus. This doesn't happen when I'm tethering the Hasselblad body (H3DII-39), only when I'm tethering with the back on a view camera (Arca Swiss 69).

Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone know what's going on and how to fix it? I'm currently running Phocus 2.6.4 on a MacBook Pro (OS 10.6.8, 2.33 GHz, 4 GB RAM).

thanks

ethan
Title: Re: Phocus problem: freezing with long exposures
Post by: Brian Hirschfeld on December 08, 2013, 11:48:07 pm
Hi, no specific experience with this issue in Phocus (never shot it tethered when I had my H3Dii-39ms but anyway), what I know to be MFDB technical support suggestion 101 (and which I have received an infinite number of times) though is, what firmware are you running? is everything up to date? I would apply this to everything possible first, I.e computer operating system, version of Phocus, and camera firmware.

Best,
BH