Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on December 08, 2013, 05:27:52 pm
-
I returned to the Christmas market today and thought I'd share what I found.
Since I don't want to post 40 images, here is just a selection.
If you want to see them all be invited to see the set I created on my Flickr account for it.
Here it is:
Christmas Market Hamburg 2013 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/feldhaim/sets/72157638489635484)
Below are some of my favourites from the series:
The Hatter
(http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7298/11278056524_ed26ab8a3e_o.jpg)
Do you love me?
(http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5512/11278050926_beaa5dbc15_o.jpg)
Little People
(http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2894/11278062794_c60b497f33_o.jpg)
The Chestnut Man and his Chestnut Pan
(http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2822/11278070684_8ca6b45c8b_o.jpg)
Cheers
~Chris
-
Great set!
-
Thanks !
This new camera (Fuji X-E2) keeps making me happy.
:D
-
Very atmospheric. What kind of PP did you to to get the look, if I may ask.
-
Very atmospheric. What kind of PP did you to to get the look, if I may ask.
PP was done entirely in LR 5.3 RC, frames added in PS
1. Cropping
2. Setting exposure, black and white points, adjusting shadows and highlights
3. Adjusting white balance to some neutral tone, then slightly warming if it gets too cold.
4. Minor adjustments to contrast, saturation, clarity, curves and all these tools, but moderate.
5. Local adjustments if needed - Dodging/burning, local sharpening, local contrast, local clarity, local desaturation of skin tones if they get too extreme
6. A rather strong post crop vignetting
1-6: Use my eyes and vision (= my super secret magic bullet)
Cheers
~Chris
-
I like them all but I love #1. Something about the steam obscuring the man's head. Good work.
-
I like them all but I love #1. Something about the steam obscuring the man's head. Good work.
Took me 2 shots to finally get it right - so it was a steam-aware shot. ;)
-
First rate, Chris.
-
1-6: Use my eyes and vision (= my super secret magic bullet)
I'd say your magic bullet worked very well!
-
Terrific set (I saw the linked images). Hope you will post some outdoors shots, too.
-
Terrific set (I saw the linked images). Hope you will post some outdoors shots, too.
Thanks for the nice words - its encouraging. :)
I feel this camera will unleash some unknown forces in me - totally new area - I had only compacts as digital up to now.
It makes me feel comfortable to be able to use this system from day zero with acceptable results and
I'll take it to Mallorca between X-Mas and New Year, so outdoor will follow in January.
Cheers
~Chris
-
I meant outdoor shots of the Hamburg festive scenes.
-
I meant outdoor shots of the Hamburg festive scenes.
This will also follow - this camera is meant as a supplement to my Mamiya 7 ii which use for landscape.
Scanning takes a lot of time and I desperately needed a faster and more versatile medium for certain tasks.
Street/people photography is definitely something I want to do more and exploring Hamburg photographically is a long term project - I love this town.
Cheers
~Chris