Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on December 08, 2013, 10:32:04 am
-
(http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5515/11271363804_a66291983f_o.jpg)
Translation is terrible. Try this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/54965930@N07/11271363804/ (http://www.flickr.com/photos/54965930@N07/11271363804/)
-
I like the fading bridge and the old piers...the overall composition, am not nuts about the shore line on the right.
Ya might want to get rid of the sparklers in the sky and possibly change the color cast a little. ;)
-
Chris
Very nice - personally I think the shoreline on the right helps the image.
Agree though about the street lights; they are pretty distracting. Easy to clone out if you choose.
The image is nearly monochrome: have you tried some B&W conversions? There might be some potential there.
-
That's a cracker, Chris!
I love that monochromatic colour you caught and the shape - wonderful.
Rob C
-
+1. Did you wait for this one, Chris, or did it simply appear before you?
-
I forgot to mention: if you look, you can see the nose of Concorde right across the image... cool!
Rob C
-
+1. Did you wait for this one, Chris, or did it simply appear before you?
I waited as the fog began to creep forward before making the exposure. Good timing, too as it moved incredibly quick and within ten minutes of this exposure, it was sacked in completely.
-
I like the lights as they tend to direct the eye a bit. This was a fun edit utilizing some SEP2 in multiple layers then adding the whole thing back to the original image and changing the blend mode to Luminosity and reducing the opacity. The color cast is intentional and it makes a beautiful print, one of which was purchased by someone from the Chamber of Commerce at a show last night. This image, Daybreak and four others were done for a gallery who only wanted images made in a certain part of the city called St. Andrews, six image limit per participant. It was a fun challenge considering there were 22 other photographers and a herd of painters, etc. It's strictly a People's Choice award process, the winner to be announced Friday evening. The gallery belongs to a friend so what the heck, why not.
-
B/W conversion maybe?