Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: cjogo on December 07, 2013, 04:48:16 pm

Title: Lighthouse Window
Post by: cjogo on December 07, 2013, 04:48:16 pm
Another try at color --
Title: Re: Lighthouse Window
Post by: Harald L on December 07, 2013, 07:21:14 pm
I can almost smell the sea.

Harald
Title: Re: Lighthouse Window
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on December 08, 2013, 04:02:38 am
I can almost smell the sea.

I like the image; but if the title had been "Farmhouse Window", would you have almost smelled fertiliser?

Jeremy
Title: Re: Lighthouse Window
Post by: Harald L on December 08, 2013, 05:14:33 am
I like the image; but if the title had been "Farmhouse Window", would you have almost smelled fertiliser?

Jeremy

Nope. I'm not grown up on a farm so I don't associate any smell with that places. For me this picture transforms very well the mood of a hot summer's day at the sea. I can't tell if this would work as a farmhouse window as well because I'm already biased now. So feel free to fool me by another picture;-)

Harald
Title: Re: Lighthouse Window
Post by: Rob C on December 08, 2013, 06:32:48 am
As I keep on saying: it's about 'eye'.

Another excellent frame.

Rob C
Title: Re: Lighthouse Window
Post by: wmchauncey on December 08, 2013, 10:49:34 am
What is causing the harsh transition in the sky?      ???
Title: Re: Lighthouse Window
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 08, 2013, 12:30:30 pm
Reflection.
Title: Re: Lighthouse Window
Post by: Rob C on December 08, 2013, 01:24:24 pm
Reflection.


Or the watercolours ran?

Rob C
Title: Re: Lighthouse Window
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 08, 2013, 01:40:29 pm
I can almost smell the sea.

Harald

Final proof that pictures need titles ;)
Title: Re: Lighthouse Window
Post by: cjogo on December 08, 2013, 01:40:49 pm
What is causing the harsh transition in the sky?      ???

This shot was snapped whilst I was waiting for a bride to appear ... I'm a seasoned wedding photographer > and I had few minutes to wait -- So , yes the harsh transition is a reflection ..
Title: Re: Lighthouse Window
Post by: Harald L on December 08, 2013, 02:07:47 pm
Final proof that pictures need titles ;)

Ever doubt? Imagine books would be sold only with the text "Please read me!" on its shelf;-)

Harald
Title: Re: Lighthouse Window
Post by: Rob C on December 08, 2013, 03:46:16 pm
Ever doubt? Imagine books would be sold only with the text "Please read me!" on its shelf;-)

Harald


I bet it's been published already.

Rob C