Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: David Eckels on December 05, 2013, 11:51:54 am

Title: Somewhere above Calistoga
Post by: David Eckels on December 05, 2013, 11:51:54 am
Not done with this one yet.
Title: Re: Somewhere above Calistoga
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 05, 2013, 01:11:35 pm
Quite an impressive "collaboration" between the fog and the clouds...looks like one and the same, just parting for a moment to show the sky. I think a B&W with dark, almost black sky (hey, I know you like it!) might work here quite nicely.
Title: Re: Somewhere above Calistoga
Post by: David Eckels on December 05, 2013, 03:26:39 pm
It was indeed a magic moment. I am leaning towards a B/W too and also, from another friend, compressing length with a "Content Aware Scale" adjustment.
Title: Re: Somewhere above Calistoga
Post by: RSL on December 05, 2013, 03:31:29 pm
Nice, David. But it has a problem I run into frequently shooting in the mountains: contrails. I clone them out without regret. It's one place where I really don't want to see the hand of man.
Title: Re: Somewhere above Calistoga
Post by: David Eckels on December 05, 2013, 08:23:10 pm
Final (more or less) ;) Thanks for the comments. The aspect ratio was bothering me. Tried content aware shrink, but didn't like the way it handled certain parts of the image, so I did an Alain Briot!
Title: Re: Somewhere above Calistoga
Post by: langier on December 06, 2013, 12:29:19 am
+1!