Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Tommy G on December 01, 2013, 09:44:54 pm

Title: How many prints per set cartridges
Post by: Tommy G on December 01, 2013, 09:44:54 pm
Hi, I'm new to LL and new to printing, and trying to get an idea what size cartridges to order for an Epson 7900?  This has probably been discussed before but I couldn't find anything searching.  I realize there are lots of variables but just trying to decide whether to buy 150, or 350 ml cartridge set. Roughly how many prints of what size can a guy expect to get from these two different size cartridge sets?
Title: Re: How many prints per set cartridges
Post by: Some Guy on December 01, 2013, 10:17:14 pm
This might give you some info even though it is for a 3800/3880: http://www.redrivercatalog.com/cost-of-inkjet-printing-epson-3800-3880.html (http://www.redrivercatalog.com/cost-of-inkjet-printing-epson-3800-3880.html)

SG
Title: Re: How many prints per set cartridges
Post by: dgberg on December 02, 2013, 06:36:18 am
Orange and green 150's
Light Light Black 350 or 700
Matte Black or Photo Black the one you use the most of,either 350 or 700
Everything else 350.

This was my early day setup when I had both the 7900 and 9900.
I have fine tuned a little with the 9900 but this is pretty much what I go by.
If you do alot of printing you could put 700's in everything but the orange and greens. For those I would stick to 150's all the time.
I have 350's in my orange and green and the expiration dates for both are Dec 2012. Which is something you want to avoid.

Ink usage 1.5-1.6ml per square foot of printed surface. It varies.
Once you know that info it gives you your ink price per square foot,about 50 cents.
If your paper is a $1.00 a foot and ink .50 you may average $1.50 a square printed foot. Stick that number in your head and adjust it up or down based on paper cost.

Title: Re: How many prints per set cartridges
Post by: Tommy G on December 02, 2013, 07:39:04 am
thank you gentlemen, I appreciate you!