Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: PeterAit on November 28, 2013, 06:28:34 pm

Title: Grafton, Utah
Post by: PeterAit on November 28, 2013, 06:28:34 pm
A real-life ghost town not far from Zion. I am impressed with the dynamic range of the D600.

Title: Re: Grafton, Utah
Post by: RSL on November 28, 2013, 07:40:11 pm
I really like it, Peter, but this is one situation where a little HDR would have helped -- not to bring up the lows with tone mapping, but to get the blowout in the floor under control so the boards show. I can see you've already dragged that area down as far as it'll go, but there's no detail left there.
Title: Re: Grafton, Utah
Post by: PeterAit on November 29, 2013, 08:59:12 am
I thought the same thing and wish I had taken a bracketed set, but the fact is that while I was in that dark room, the sunlit floor looked pure white so the picture is an accurate representation3of my memory.
Title: Re: Grafton, Utah
Post by: Rocco Penny on November 29, 2013, 09:03:36 am
crazy how "ghost towns" have been so thoroughly cleaned out.
That abandoned building is cleaner than my house.