Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: HarperPhotos on November 28, 2013, 03:48:57 pm

Title: Nikon Wireless Shutter Remote
Post by: HarperPhotos on November 28, 2013, 03:48:57 pm
Hello,

I used the amazing devices last night doing a sunset shot of a house. I had the Nikon D800E set with mirror up and the transmitter worked perfectly. No more need to use the Nikon electron cable. The best $70 bucks I've spent in a long time. Its so good I just bought two more as back ups

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310739892553?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Cheers

Simon
Title: Re: Nikon Wireless Shutter Remote
Post by: Paul2660 on November 28, 2013, 04:02:31 pm
Thanks for posting.  Curious will it allow interval shooting?  Cheaper than the Nikon wired remote with timer.

Paul Caldwell
Title: Re: Nikon Wireless Shutter Remote
Post by: Peter McLennan on November 28, 2013, 04:29:16 pm
I have used one of these for over a year.  Excellent in all respects.  I don't think it has any programmable shooting modes.  It does work in bulb mode, though.  Transmitter runs on a AAA, which is very handy.
Title: Re: Nikon Wireless Shutter Remote
Post by: rethmeier on November 29, 2013, 05:45:25 pm
Simon,
does it work with a D3x as well?
And with the mirror - up  setting?
Cheers,
W
Title: Re: Nikon Wireless Shutter Remote
Post by: HarperPhotos on November 29, 2013, 09:00:21 pm
Hello Willem,

If it has the same socket then yes it will work on a D3x

Cheer

Simon
Title: Re: Nikon Wireless Shutter Remote
Post by: PeterAit on November 30, 2013, 08:15:31 am
For a simple Nikon remote look at the ML-L3. It uses the camera's built-in receiver and costs ~$20. Shutter release only, no interval shooting or use with mirror-up.
Title: Re: Nikon Wireless Shutter Remote
Post by: Rory on November 30, 2013, 10:07:20 am
The Nikon professional level cameras like the D800, D4, D3X do not have an IR receiver and will not work with the ML-L3...