Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: cjogo on November 26, 2013, 04:41:57 pm
-
Having lunch by the canal
-
A very nice pastel,painterly effect. However the reds on my monitor look over exposed. The framing using the columns certainly makes the image. A winner except for the reds. :)
-
It was Reala film -- might have some saturation in the reds -- I will take it back into CS -- I used my Spyder for calibration > at the beginning of the month ..will check again.. calibrated for my on line printer service //\\
The whites are fairly clean -- no real crossover >>
-
Lovely venetian scene, I like it very much but I also find the red a bit too aggressive. It might come from the contrast between those reds and the other pastel colors.
-
Lovely venetian scene, I like it very much but I also find the red a bit too aggressive. It might come from the contrast between those reds and the other pastel colors.
You can fun with it -- load up another with less saturation
-
I gotta agree that the foreground boats are just a little oversaturated...you might try using a hue/saturation layer with a gradient tool.
-
I gotta agree that the foreground boats are just a little oversaturated...you might try using a hue/saturation layer with a gradient tool.
Wasn't aware that you could work the gradient tool > with the saturation -- will give it a try ..thanks. I am mainly just B&W in CS --
-
I like your composition, the framing works well here. It looks to me like you were trying to bump the colour up a bit in the sky by increasing the saturation, but it's a bit too high in the boats now, at least to my eye.
Venice has a lot of overcast and foggy weather, it's a problem for everyone. I was there this past fall and it was pretty rare to see a sunbeam, mostly dull, flat light.
I have recently posted a Blog entry on my website (here (http://jaywpage.zenfolio.com/blog)) about a black & white image I took there, my approach to flat light in Venice.
Jay
-
Wasn't aware that you could work the gradient tool > with the saturation -- will give it a try ..thanks
You just apply the gradient to the mask after making the adjustments. ;)