Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: fike on November 26, 2013, 03:15:43 pm

Title: Roger Cicala at Lens Rentals is Excellent
Post by: fike on November 26, 2013, 03:15:43 pm
Roger Cicala is like the anti [he who shall not be named whose initials are KR and whose names is deliberately excluded here to avoid increasing his web traffic].  

His articles are both technically rigorous and at the same time practical about real world concerns.  I like the fact that his methodology utilizes such large sampling of lenses giving him a unique perspective on sample variation and strengths and weaknesses of individual lenses.  

He's also funny: The Cynic’s Photography Dictionary (http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2013/11/the-devils-photography-dictionary)

I think Roger may be the next photography blogger superstar after MR[;D] and KR[;) :P].
Title: Re: Roger Cicala at Lens Rentals is Excellent
Post by: ErikKaffehr on November 26, 2013, 04:01:22 pm
+1

I enjoy Roger's articles and he is a great source of good info.

Buying a couple of thousands of lenses each year and testing all of them gives some insights, and Roger's articles are great!

Best regards
Erik


Roger Cicala is like the anti [he who shall not be named whose initials are KR and whose names is deliberately excluded here to avoid increasing his web traffic].  

His articles are both technically rigorous and at the same time practical about real world concerns.  I like the fact that his methodology utilizes such large sampling of lenses giving him a unique perspective on sample variation and strengths and weaknesses of individual lenses.  

He's also funny: The Cynic’s Photography Dictionary (http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2013/11/the-devils-photography-dictionary)

I think Roger may be the next photography blogger superstar after MR[;D] and KR[;) :P].
Title: Re: Roger Cicala at Lens Rentals is Excellent
Post by: Misirlou on November 26, 2013, 04:51:46 pm
And his business is great too. I rented a bunch of gear from them last month, and was able to make some valuable purchase decisions based on what I learned from that.
Title: Re: Roger Cicala at Lens Rentals is Excellent
Post by: NancyP on December 03, 2013, 04:15:23 pm
Roger Cicala is a retired anesthesiologist, and brings a scientific outlook to the lens business. Go to his blog to view the results of the PhotoGeek contest.