Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Harald L on November 25, 2013, 07:28:35 pm

Title: Curious by nature
Post by: Harald L on November 25, 2013, 07:28:35 pm
Last week I wanted to take some pictures of some beautiful old willows standing on a pasture area near my home. Unfortunately that area was already occupied by some young bullocks. I didn't care and started to take some pictures until then the first bullock started to have a closer look on what the guy is doing there on their turf. A few minutes later all the bullocks gathered oneself, came to me but stopped a few meters in front of me. I carefully walked backwards (flock of bullocks followed) until I've had a fence between me and the gang.

Then I made this picture of the beauties. To be honest, I'm a friend of a good steak but that evening I wouldn't like it at all. Aren't they really beautiful?

Harald
Title: Re: Curious by nature
Post by: wmchauncey on November 25, 2013, 07:34:19 pm
Aah...to be honest, I wouldn't have considered them as being beautiful.        ;)
Title: Re: Curious by nature
Post by: Harald L on November 25, 2013, 07:39:34 pm
Aah...to be honest, I wouldn't have considered them as being beautiful.        ;)

You don't get me wrong, don't you!? :-\

Harald
Title: Re: Curious by nature
Post by: Johnny_Johnson on November 26, 2013, 11:13:44 am
I carefully walked backwards (flock of bullocks followed) until I've had a fence between me and the gang.

Harald

I suspect that they just wanted some feed or their heads scratched.

Later,
Johnny
Title: Re: Curious by nature
Post by: shutterpup on November 26, 2013, 11:54:33 am
Puts me in mind the time that I set up a tent in a friend's meadow. In several hours, every cow he owned was standing around my tent, trying to figure it out. I worried that the bunch might trample my tent, but they didn't.

I, for one, appreciate a good looking cow any time. Or any other animal, for that matter.
Title: Re: Curious by nature
Post by: Rob C on November 26, 2013, 12:00:03 pm
Puts me in mind the time that I set up a tent in a friend's meadow. In several hours, every cow he owned was standing around my tent, trying to figure it out. I worried that the bunch might trample my tent, but they didn't.

I, for one, appreciate a good looking cow any time. Or any other animal, for that matter.



Jeez, shutterpup, forget the tent: it's yourself you should worry about.

;-)

Rob C
Title: Re: Curious by nature
Post by: muntanela on November 27, 2013, 03:00:01 pm
I suspect that they just wanted some feed or their heads scratched.

Later,
Johnny

Maybe they wanted salt.
Title: Re: Curious by nature
Post by: Rob C on November 27, 2013, 05:55:58 pm
Maybe they wanted salt.


As a famous French lady almost said: Let them eat crisps!

Rob C
Title: Re: Curious by nature
Post by: Alan Klein on November 27, 2013, 08:59:25 pm
Good thing you didn't bend over.
Title: Re: Curious by nature
Post by: Johnny_Johnson on November 27, 2013, 09:03:52 pm
Good thing you didn't bend over.

Only if he had been going to a Halloween party dressed as a cow.

Later,
Johnny