Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Harald L on November 25, 2013, 07:58:53 am

Title: Autumn Reflections
Post by: Harald L on November 25, 2013, 07:58:53 am
Seen on a waterway in the City of Hamburg. What do you think? Color or BW?

Harald
Title: Re: Autumn Reflections
Post by: David Eckels on November 25, 2013, 08:35:05 am
I like both. Two completely different moods. BW reminds me of snow. The trees: painterly. Very nice, Harald.
Title: Re: Autumn Reflections
Post by: Chris Calohan on November 25, 2013, 09:22:57 am
Both have a Monet-ish feel to them but I'd have to opt for the color, though would like to see more saturation in the leaves to provide a stronger contrast to the blue of the sky.
Title: Re: Autumn Reflections
Post by: Harald L on November 25, 2013, 10:47:02 am
Both have a Monet-ish feel to them but I'd have to opt for the color, though would like to see more saturation in the leaves to provide a stronger contrast to the blue of the sky.


I've already though about it but I've discarded the result. Here's from the waste-bin... Yes, you could be right.

Harald
Title: Re: Autumn Reflections
Post by: Chris Calohan on November 25, 2013, 03:34:08 pm
For me, much better.
Title: Re: Autumn Reflections
Post by: francois on November 26, 2013, 10:04:32 am
Superb, my favorite is the color version. The blue of the sky/water plays so well with the golden leaves…
Title: Re: Autumn Reflections
Post by: sdwilsonsct on November 26, 2013, 10:25:46 am
Engaging, Harald.
Title: Re: Autumn Reflections
Post by: walter.sk on November 26, 2013, 10:42:11 am
Definitely go with the color.  In B&W the tone of the background begins to merge with some of the leaves and branches making the picture seem too busy.  The blue makes for separation.