Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: cjogo on November 25, 2013, 03:01:41 am

Title: Up The Eiffel
Post by: cjogo on November 25, 2013, 03:01:41 am
Super Wide from below   
Title: Re: Up The Eiffel
Post by: Harald L on November 25, 2013, 12:05:09 pm
Unfortunately not centered (I know that isn't possible there) but still an awesome shot. Is there any chance to get a little bit of structure into the shadows or is it already dead in the picture?

Harald
Title: Re: Up The Eiffel
Post by: francois on November 25, 2013, 12:10:48 pm
Yes, it's a fantastic shot. Currently, there's some fences that prevent taking a centered photo. Anyway, with the usual crowd, it's a difficult or near impossible task.
Title: Re: Up The Eiffel
Post by: cjogo on November 25, 2013, 12:48:25 pm
Unfortunately not centered (I know that isn't possible there) but still an awesome shot. Is there any chance to get a little bit of structure into the shadows or is it already dead in the picture?

Harald

Pretty noisy -- if I open up any shadows == would have to  spot for two days  ;D

Lot more detail here  .. but when you expose for the highlights -- not much to be left in the Zones 5-3.
Title: Re: Up The Eiffel
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 25, 2013, 02:39:13 pm
Yes, it's a fantastic shot. Currently, there's some fences that prevent taking a centered photo. Anyway, with the usual crowd, it's a difficult or near impossible task.

You can get fairly square underneath (or at least you could a couple of years ago). Sadly, I didn't have a sufficiently wide angle and I failed to stitch.

Jeremy

(I don't intend to hijack the thread: if anyone objects, I'll take my shot down.)
Title: Re: Up The Eiffel
Post by: cjogo on November 25, 2013, 04:03:26 pm
Wish this was a SLR camera -- and would had been much easier in the daylight hours ;D, too.  That little finder made it somewhat difficult  :o

Up side down ~  with the head totally cocked  > and my tri-focals up against this little jewel --good luck
 ;D(http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mvGV_994R2JDSctD1Nfzi4w.jpg)
Title: Re: Up The Eiffel
Post by: wolfnowl on November 26, 2013, 02:23:34 am
Can I object to your taking it down, Jeremy?  The original is a fine image, but more shadow detail would be appreciated.

Mike.
Title: Re: Up The Eiffel
Post by: francois on November 26, 2013, 09:14:46 am
You can get fairly square underneath (or at least you could a couple of years ago). Sadly, I didn't have a sufficiently wide angle and I failed to stitch.

Jeremy

(I don't intend to hijack the thread: if anyone objects, I'll take my shot down.)

Currently, there's some heavy work on the 1st floor of Tour Eiffel and it's impossible to get underneath, at the center... (see snapshot).

We were lucky, Jeremy!

Title: Re: Up The Eiffel
Post by: cjogo on November 26, 2013, 01:22:46 pm
Can I object to your taking it down, Jeremy?  The original is a fine image, but more shadow detail would be appreciated.

Mike.

Shadow detail === grain  :(
Title: Re: Up The Eiffel
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 26, 2013, 02:46:33 pm
Currently, there's some heavy work on the 1st floor of Tour Eiffel and it's impossible to get underneath, at the center... (see snapshot).

We were lucky, Jeremy!

We were indeed. On the other hand, when I was in Barcelona a couple of months ago, almost the whole of the outside of the Sagrada Familia was shrouded in netting; and the queue to get in was a good 200 yards long. So my timing's not perfect, alas.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Up The Eiffel
Post by: francois on November 27, 2013, 04:06:16 am
We were indeed. On the other hand, when I was in Barcelona a couple of months ago, almost the whole of the outside of the Sagrada Familia was shrouded in netting; and the queue to get in was a good 200 yards long. So my timing's not perfect, alas.

Jeremy

One can't win all the time.  :D
Actually, I was also lucky in Paris as I wasn't there for photography.
Title: Re: Up The Eiffel
Post by: Rob C on November 27, 2013, 04:13:48 am
One can't win all the time.  :D
Actually, I was also lucky in Paris as I wasn't there for photography.



I'm reliably assured that it's remarkably easy to get lucky in Paris - all you need is a healthy credit card.

Rob C
Title: Re: Up The Eiffel
Post by: slackercruster on December 01, 2013, 10:16:23 pm
NICE!
Title: Re: Up The Eiffel
Post by: francois on December 02, 2013, 05:07:52 am


I'm reliably assured that it's remarkably easy to get lucky in Paris - all you need is a healthy credit card.

Rob C

These days, a premium credit card is a big help but it doesn't always work.  :D
Title: Re: Up The Eiffel
Post by: Rob C on December 02, 2013, 05:18:19 am
These days, a premium credit card is a big help but it doesn't always work.  :D


Which just goes to prove yet again, were proof necessary, that you shouldn't believe all those financial advertisements.

I feel crestfallen.

Rob C