Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: wmchauncey on November 23, 2013, 01:42:04 pm
-
This passed my test...if ya can like it on your desktop, it's a keeper. What say you guys?
(http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l383/chauncey43/RTHawk-copy-3.jpg) (http://s329.photobucket.com/user/chauncey43/media/RTHawk-copy-3.jpg.html)
-
Thats what I'd call a portrait.
Well done!
-
Thats what I'd call a portrait.
Well done!
Obviously a man of exceptionally good taste. ;D
-
Everything is quite fine, except for over-saturation. Looks like you threw a raw egg into his face.
-
Everything is quite fine, except for over-saturation. Looks like you threw a raw egg into his face.
Its called "hyperrealism", Slobodan.
:D
-
Its called "hyperrealism"...
hyperrealism = 2 (of artistic representation) extremely realistic in detail (from a dictionary)
My point was that over-saturation is not realistic.
-
hyperrealism = 2 (of artistic representation) extremely realistic in detail (from a dictionary)
My point was that over-saturation is not realistic.
Which reality are you talking of?
-
Here's what others think is a realistic colour (https://www.google.com.au/search?q=red+tailed+hawk&espv=210&es_sm=91&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ozSRUvDIHoqtiAfsmIDwDw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1399&bih=779).
Cheers,
-
My point was that over-saturation is not realistic.
Realistic...realistic...where is it written that a photograph must be realistic?
-
Realistic...realistic...where is it written that a photograph must be realistic?
And where did I write that your photograph must be realistic!?
I was reacting to Chris's assertion that your photograph is hyperrealistic (i.e., very realistic) and I simply said it is not. I did, however say that it is over-saturated, and in particular one color (yellow) is so.
-
And where did I write that your photograph must be realistic!?
I was reacting to Chris's assertion that your photograph is hyperrealistic (i.e., very realistic) and I simply said it is not. I did, however say that it is over-saturated, and in particular one color (yellow) is so.
Well .. of course my comment was sort of ironic, but only sort of.
I was referring to the subjective reality of the OP,
and if boosting saturation gives him the image he was imaginating,
the it IS hyperrealistic in a sense of expressing his inner reality.
I am not generally a friend of oversaturated colors, but in the case of this portrait I think it works.
Cheers
~Chris
-
Honest feedback is all one could hope for...I thank you for it. ;)
-
Honest feedback is all one could hope for...I thank you for it. ;)
Then I guess add me to the oversaturated bandwagon. The image is so spectacular I don't think it needs it, and to me it detracts a little.
-
+1.
I've got a great picture of a pissed-off red tail. He was in a tree outside my house here in Florida and was after a baby squirrel. The kid was wise enough that when he saw the hawk he scrambled to the underside of a fairly large branch where the bird would have a hard time grabbing him. When I got in the way with my camera the hawk complained enough that I wondered if he was going to come after me, but after a minute of yelling he gave up and flew. I got in about six shots. Don't want to steal Chauncy's thread. Guess I'll post him in a separate thread.