Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: northern chris on November 22, 2013, 11:54:01 pm
-
This image is all about the reflection of a small boat. When water is almost calm but has a slight "roll" you can get really nice abstract reflections. In colour this image does not do to much for me as the image's strength are the shapes and lines. However in full monochrome the apparent subject starts to get lost so have left some "colour" in the small boat to give it some focus. Any suggestions?
-
Sometimes you have to decide to go one way. This is neither fish nor fowl. I'd go for color.
Harald
-
For what it is worth, here is the colour version.
-
The color version is better IMO.
The keyword is (stolen from Slobodan): Believability
You surely could enhance it with a bunch of local adjustment of saturation, sharpness, dodging and burning, but I think its good as it is.
-
Sometimes you have to decide to go one way. This is neither fish nor fowl. I'd go for color.
Harald
Yup.
-
This image is all about the reflection of a small boat. When water is almost calm but has a slight "roll" you can get really nice abstract reflections.
If the image is all about the reflections of the boat and your main interest is the abstract reflections then here is one alternative suggestion.
I'll have the crop police onto me for this! But what is the point of owning a 25MP SLR if you can't crop from time to time?
-
Ed, this is a damned good edit/crop !
If the crop police gets you I'll be happy to defend at the court.
;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSe38dzJYkY
-
If the image is all about the reflections of the boat and your main interest is the abstract reflections then here is one alternative suggestion.
I'll have the crop police onto me for this! But what is the point of owning a 25MP SLR if you can't crop from time to time?
I tried this one too, but it never seem to grab my attention.