Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Pat O'Connor on November 22, 2013, 09:33:39 am
-
Hello all. I recently carried out a wiper blade extraction and cleaning as per Erics marvelous video http://vimeo.com/58987196.
Now when I restart in maintenance mode I get error 1489 which, from what I've gleaned, is a badly seated wiper blade.
Unfortunately I can't get to the menu item that allows me to get to the wiper replacement sequence.
In fact I can't print in maintenance mode. Strangely everything seems okay and i can print under normal start up, but the printer seems to be extra 'clanky' during the start-up sequence.
I fear that I'll need to reseat the wiper blade for long term ease of mind. As I can't get to it whilst in maintenance mode is there a way of reseating it when in normal start-up mode?
TIA
Pat
-
You could try pulling the plug when the head is moving left of its parked position.
Should allow you access to the wiper blade area.
-
Thank you BillK, worked a treat. After unplugging the printer in mid-sweep I needed to drag down the wiper blade assembly to get access. There also seems to be a slight difference in construction between Eric's 7900 and my 7890 machine (a little nubbin at centre bottom of the receiving plate) that makes inserting the wiper blade flush a little more problematic, and hence my initial problem.
Regards
Pat