Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on November 22, 2013, 07:13:01 am

Title: A Meditative Moment
Post by: Chris Calohan on November 22, 2013, 07:13:01 am
(http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2806/10992427165_f50fa3676c_o.jpg)
Title: Re: A Meditative Moment
Post by: RSL on November 22, 2013, 10:01:57 am
Fine shot, Chris. I surmised it would be even better in B&W. Checked. It is. You have to raise the contrast a bit, but without the color the graphics jump out at you.
Title: Re: A Meditative Moment
Post by: degrub on November 22, 2013, 10:48:42 am
I like how the cushions can be taken as a metaphor for stages of life with religious contemplation in the present - reflecting on the past, future, or now ? Nice ambiguity.

Frank
Title: Re: A Meditative Moment
Post by: Chris Calohan on November 22, 2013, 11:27:24 am
I did it both ways, Russ and I liked both equally well. You were certainly right about this 16-35.

(http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3828/10992647375_1ed4ee2b4d_o.jpg)