Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: cjogo on November 22, 2013, 03:40:31 am

Title: Just Testing Some Film
Post by: cjogo on November 22, 2013, 03:40:31 am
FUJI Reala  days -- An Italian Isle
Title: Re: Just Testing Some Film
Post by: Rob C on November 22, 2013, 04:35:17 am
Burano?

Rob C
Title: Re: Just Testing Some Film
Post by: RSL on November 22, 2013, 10:03:37 am
The film's okay.
Title: Re: Just Testing Some Film
Post by: cjogo on November 22, 2013, 03:21:50 pm
Yes Burano  ---  It was testing back  in the 90's  >  on a trip ...
Title: Re: Just Testing Some Film
Post by: Rob C on November 22, 2013, 03:31:38 pm
Yes Burano  ---  It was testing back  in the 90's  >  on a trip ...


Oh shit! I just noticed the caption strip!

Boo hoo Burano! Now I feel an ass. Well, not literally, of course, but I stil live in hope.

Sorry for the idiot question.

Rob C
Title: Re: Just Testing Some Film
Post by: cjogo on November 22, 2013, 08:30:33 pm
Nice island to visit for a few hours -- wish I would had had a zoom   :(   
Title: Re: Just Testing Some Film
Post by: Rob C on November 23, 2013, 04:44:05 am
Nice island to visit for a few hours -- wish I would had had a zoom   :(  


I don't want the zoom, but I do wish that Mallorca offered a bit more colour.

Just about everything is painted white or marfil arenal, as sort of weakish sandy-yellow colour. Some brave but misguided souls have been known to paint entire apartment blocks dark green or even red, but in solitude, they just stand out as urban horror. Boats are always white, and there's more glass fibre than wood.

In the old town of Pollensa, a few klicks up the road from the Port of Pollensa, there's a small road that leads up the Calvario hill, and on it there's an old house (almost a ruin) bought over by a 'foreigner' who has painted the rough stone/mortar exterior a sort of weak ochre, and the tiny window surrounds in pale blue. Against all the white or dirty white of the neighbours, it looks singularly attractive. I remember standing opposite it with a tripod, quite captivated, and speaking to a passing lady about it. She countered my positive comments by declaring that he should never have been allowed to ruin the neighbourhood! Go figure.

Maybe that's why Italy has designer overload and Mallorca not.

Rob C
Title: Re: Just Testing Some Film
Post by: cjogo on November 24, 2013, 01:20:06 am
I seem to find more colorful towns in Central America -- Mexico --- 
Title: Re: Just Testing Some Film
Post by: cjogo on November 24, 2013, 01:27:10 am
I have about 20 + images from the little jaunt over to the Isle -- will have to keep searching back into the archives  ;)