Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Bruce Cox on November 21, 2013, 09:36:06 am

Title: More Creek Bed
Post by: Bruce Cox on November 21, 2013, 09:36:06 am
I reshot.  This one is a little wider.  Please critique.

Post Script:    YOU CAN SKIP ON TO THE SECOND ONE; IT IS BETTER
Title: Re: More Creek Bed
Post by: Rob C on November 21, 2013, 11:26:42 am
FWIW and for me, the picture's too wide on the right. The visual logic ends at the end of the shadow of the second level of kelp.

Mask off from there, hiding the circular distraction, and she's stronger.

;-)

Rob C
Title: Re: More Creek Bed
Post by: Bruce Cox on November 21, 2013, 04:09:49 pm
Very much like a whale.
Title: Re: More Creek Bed
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on November 21, 2013, 04:15:06 pm
#2 does it !
I also like the more subdued look of the second edit.
It jumped right on me - a good feeling!

Cheers
~Chris
Title: Re: More Creek Bed
Post by: muntanela on November 21, 2013, 04:54:03 pm
What is there on the left? Iron wire? I liked much more 0561X2bY1.jpg  (the tree)
Title: Re: More Creek Bed
Post by: Rob C on November 21, 2013, 04:58:59 pm
Very much like a whale.


Maybe you found a fossil?

I like the crop much more - hope you didn't mind the suggestion.

;-)

Rob C
Title: Re: More Creek Bed
Post by: Bruce Cox on November 21, 2013, 07:05:41 pm
What is there on the left? Iron wire? I liked much more 0561X2bY1.jpg  (the tree)

I blew it up and peeked and yeah two of them could be rusted.  There are stems too.  It is mainly honeycomb limestone.  Sorry about the tree, I have more frames of it than I have been able to work on yet, so it may return.
Title: Re: More Creek Bed
Post by: Bruce Cox on November 21, 2013, 07:24:52 pm

Maybe you found a fossil?

I like the crop much more - hope you didn't mind the suggestion.

;-)

Rob C

Thanks for the help. The second time around I included a little more of the height of each of the two frames.  The sides are now those of the left frame, plus a little in bottom right corner.   It was a sloppy pan.