Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: tektrader on November 19, 2013, 03:26:12 am

Title: Users of HP Z3100, Z3200
Post by: tektrader on November 19, 2013, 03:26:12 am
Some cartridges empty quicker than others.

I find Light Grey has the heaviest usage. I print mostly landscapes.

What colours are quickest used on your printer?   
Title: Re: Users of HP Z3100, Z3200
Post by: brianrybolt on November 19, 2013, 05:10:23 am
Light grey, although it depends on the kind of images you are printing.
Brian
Title: Re: Users of HP Z3100, Z3200
Post by: Damir on November 19, 2013, 06:59:40 am
Light gray - it is because when R=G=B printer use gray inks for printing not mixing color inks to compose grays.
In that way you can print coloured and black and white photography simultaniously on one pice of paper which is great as I often do that.
Title: Re: Users of HP Z3100, Z3200
Post by: John Nollendorfs on November 19, 2013, 11:31:02 am
Too bad HP decided to quit selling the twin packs! Yellow is probably the next most used ink, depending on your subject matter. Of course Lt Magenta & Lt Cyan are not used anywhere near as much as on an Epson printer.

The use of Lt gray also helps in the fade resistance of HP prints, and in lower "metamerism" qualities (color balance of print changing when viewed under different light sources)
Title: Re: Users of HP Z3100, Z3200
Post by: Justan on November 19, 2013, 11:33:27 am
Light grey and gloss enhancer are the most frequently replaced on mine.
Title: Re: Users of HP Z3100, Z3200
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on November 19, 2013, 11:38:53 am
Matte Black + Light Grey most, then Yellow, then Grey, then Light Cyan, then Light Magenta. Most printing is done on matte papers here.

--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
July 2013, 500+ inkjet media white spectral plots.
Title: Re: Users of HP Z3100, Z3200
Post by: tektrader on November 20, 2013, 06:36:12 am
Thanks, I just had to order a few carts, I ordered 2 lt grey and 2 gloss enhancer, and a few others that where getting down.

I have only had it a few weeks so wanted a  bit of guidance about what spares to buy.
Title: Re: Users of HP Z3100, Z3200
Post by: Justan on November 20, 2013, 01:56:07 pm
^I dunno where you are but you can get supplies from Staples in a day or two in a lot of the US. When I got my first Z series printer I stocked up on some inks and it turned out to be some time before I needed the inks. The Z series is deliciously frugal on ink consumption.
Title: Re: Users of HP Z3100, Z3200
Post by: tektrader on November 20, 2013, 02:46:21 pm
In Australia. The cart pricing here is disgusting. I had to order them from the US. On average I paid $50 each but the postage is pretty steep. I managed to get a few colours out of date that should be fine.

Here they are twice the price. I don't think my printer has much use as most of the carts are actually out of date but still work fine. When I looked at the replacement counter the LT grey and GE had been replaced most often. So I bought extras of them.
Title: Re: Users of HP Z3100, Z3200
Post by: namartinnz on November 20, 2013, 07:02:36 pm
B&H do good prices for international delivery - worth a look if you haven't done already. Light Gray & Matt Black most used on my Z3200 - I do even amounts of matt & glossy printing. Gray, Light Cyan, Gloss Enhancer & Yellow next most used. Green & Blue least used of the lot. You'll find this printer very frugal on the ink and really good for lack of blockages.