Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: radu on November 18, 2013, 04:59:34 pm
-
Hello,
I just purchased a NEC PA271W monitor (after wanting it for nearly 2 years). I am not sure how to use the color spaces for various uses:
1. Editing (RAW) photos in Lightroom 5 for printing - I suppose Native color mode, or Adobe RGB if preparing for print, or sRGB if preparing for screen;
2. General use (web, office, etc) - I suppose Native or sRGB.
How are you using your wide-gamut displays?
Thanks,
Radu
-
1. Use Multiprofiler / Spectraview II
2. Set native gamut (full), D65, 80cd/m^2
3. Let Adobe apps do the rest
4. In case of non colour managed applications (over saturated colours) enable sRGB mode in MultiProfiler
-
After doing some more reading I found the answer myself the documentation for NEC SpectraView II software, from which I quote:
The choice of Color Gamut will depend on the applications and operating system being used.
Typically if a color managed application is being used, then the Native (Full) color gamut should be used since this will allow the application to make full use of the color capabilities of the display. This applies even if the image, document, etc. is intended for another color gamut such as sRGB or AdobeRGB. The color gamut should not normally be set to that of the color workspace of the application, if it is color managed. Likewise the color workspace should not normally be set to the color gamut of the display.
For non-color managed applications a specific color gamut such as sRGB can be selected to make the display appear as if it has such a color gamut. In this case, all of the necessary color conversions are done automatically within the display.
-
Thank you Marcin!
-
I have an Eizo CG 243w and a DTP94 Puck
5500 K, 100 cd/m²
In PS CS6 ProPhoto for most of the work.