Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: cjogo on November 17, 2013, 12:20:36 pm

Title: Zabriskie Point
Post by: cjogo on November 17, 2013, 12:20:36 pm
1983 ~~  Death Valley Days ---
Title: Re: Zabrinski Point
Post by: PeterAit on November 17, 2013, 12:43:08 pm
An excellent photo! The grain/noise in the clouds adds a sense of "other worldliness" that I really like. Is this from film?

FWIW, it's "Zabriskie"
Title: Re: Zabrinski Point
Post by: cjogo on November 17, 2013, 01:16:19 pm
Yep  FILM --  Sure about 90% of my uploads are from 80/90's film ...

TRIX -- maybe not developed correctly --- looks like the temp was maybe too high  :o..   Orange filter ..Rollei SL 66 -- 50 mm  
Title: Re: Zabrinski Point
Post by: Harald L on November 17, 2013, 01:47:34 pm
Impressive. There are some magic points on earth.

Harald
Title: Re: Zabrinski Point
Post by: Rob C on November 17, 2013, 01:56:47 pm
Impressive. There are some magic points on earth.

Harald



And eponymous movies, too.  I can't read the name of the one without the other coming to mind as well.

Rob C
Title: Re: Zabrinski Point
Post by: Riaan van Wyk on November 17, 2013, 02:08:51 pm
Very nice CJ!
Title: Re: Zabrinski Point
Post by: Harald L on November 17, 2013, 03:39:18 pm


And eponymous movies, too.  I can't read the name of the one without the other coming to mind as well.

Rob C

You got the silver... (http://youtu.be/B1KHYpvSzNA)
Title: Re: Zabriskie Point
Post by: cjogo on November 17, 2013, 05:30:53 pm
Another angle
Title: Re: Zabriskie Point
Post by: Chris Calohan on November 18, 2013, 12:25:37 am
I was in the movie...quite by accident as they were filming a car burning and needed bystanders...and that's what my friend and I were. I think we all became silhouettes.