Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Harald L on November 17, 2013, 06:16:12 am
-
I've made this picture in a forrest near Hamburg. For those of you who don't get bored by this stuff: Any ideas for improvement?
Thanks Harald
-
Well, some squirrels would be nice...
;-)
Rob C
-
Well, some squirrels would be nice...
;-)
Rob C
In that forrest you'll have much more chance to meet boars than squirrels. Not so nice...
Harald
-
I've made this picture in a forrest near Hamburg. For those of you who don't get bored by this stuff: Any ideas for improvement?
Thanks Harald
Convert to b/w and pimp it up.
I did some nice b/w stuff in Sachsenwald years ago - when the light is nice its a great place to shoot trees - so many of them there ...
In your shot the shadow is too overwhelming, but once the leaves are down you can get a lot of great light there.
;)
-
In that forrest you'll have much more chance to meet boars than squirrels. Not so nice...
Harald
I take your point; I didn't know German boar could also climb trees.
;-)
Rob C
-
I take your point; I didn't know German boar could also climb trees.
;-)
Rob C
Actually it can't. But I can't either.
:-(
Harald
-
Actually it can't. But I can't either.
:-(
Harald
Well, that's a fair confrontation then: wait until you see the white of its eyes, and then shoot it.
No problem there, I guess.
Rob C
-
Well, that's a fair confrontation then: wait until you see the white of its eyes, and then shoot it.
No problem there, I guess.
Rob C
Actually not a problem at all. But wait, boars usually appear as a pack ...
Puh, my X-Pro1 does shoot 6 frames a second. So I'm on the safer side.
Harald
PS: Are you really sure that boars have any white in their eyes?!
-
Convert to b/w and pimp it up.
I did some nice b/w stuff in Sachsenwald years ago - when the light is nice its a great place to shoot trees - so many of them there ...
In your shot the shadow is too overwhelming, but once the leaves are down you can get a lot of great light there.
;)
So you recommend to put it into the waste bin and come back in winter?
Harald
-
So you recommend to put it into the waste bin and come back in winter?
Harald
At least it would need some special love in post to work better, IMO. ;)
-
Actually not a problem at all. But wait, boars usually appear as a pack ...
Puh, my X-Pro1 does shoot 6 frames a second. So I'm on the safer side.
Harald
PS: Are you really sure that boars have any white in their eyes?!
I am not, Harald, that's why I suggested squirrels.
Sheeesh!
;-)
Rob C